Saturday, December 16, 2006


Here is my new vehicle, a 2007 Volkswagen Passat - wagon model for the dogs of course. After leaving me stranded not once but twice under 250 miles, I have to admit the car has been great for 5 days now. When it goes, it dances and I love it. However, my final verdict is this car is like a bad boyfriend who has cheated on you. He may still be sexy to look at and fun to drive, but all the trust is gone and it's going to take lots of time and perfect behavior to gain any of it back.




I received a surprise present in the mail yesterday from my friend and dog training mentor Sherry in IA. It's a new dog training book, Success Is In The Proofing and I'm going to sit down and read it tonight plus keep it in my training bag for reference. I saw this book advertised in the most recent issue of Front And Finish and put it on my wish list. I was so surprised and happy to find it in my mail box last evening as I returned home from dog training. What timing!



And this is also a knitting blog so here is a boring picture of my boring sleeve knitting for the Bi-Color Cable sweater. This is why I almost always knit sleeves first. I find sleeves boring and difficult to stick to and finish. So many other projects I want to start but I'm determined to finish this sweater first so for the weekend it's just these (did I mention I find them boring?) sleeves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Well, I hope for your sake, that your car is past it's problems. Maybe it's like some people - everything happens all at once, and then things are fine for a nice long while ...

I'm so glad to hear that you got a nice surprise in the mail - it's so much more fun when you weren't expecting anything, don't you think?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Well, I hope for your sake, that your car is past it's problems. Maybe it's like some people - everything happens all at once, and then things are fine for a nice long while ...

I'm so glad to hear that you got a nice surprise in the mail - it's so much more fun when you weren't expecting anything, don't you think?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

I had a Passat a few years back, and it was never a problem, but hoo boy, I hated having to service that baby.

I keep my sleeves by the TV, it's boring and mindless (most of the time) and it does take longer, but I just keep plugging!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home