Monday, December 04, 2006

Close to completion

I've decide to call these my Happy Socks. They certainly are, um, colorful! I knit these for my hair stylist. Probably sounds like a silly person to knit for to some of you but she always takes such an interest in what I am knitting and even bought me a knitting bag with dogs on it for my birthday. She often wears unmatching socks. I think this is a popular way to dress these days. I hope my socks are not too much of a matching pair for her. I purposely did not match up the yarn to the first sock when I started the second sock. I think she'll like them. It was fun to knit socks again as I haven't in a long time.

I had promised myself I wouldn't blog again until I finished the body of my bi-color cable sweater. So here it is. I thought I would have the shoulder seams knit together and the collar knit up by now but I have been having trouble with the yarn curling so much I decided it was time for a good wash and bit of blocking. Now it looks to be laying flat enough the edges will be easier to work with. It happens frequently to me at this stage of a project but I can't look at the sweater now without seeing all the mistakes! Eek, so many, and such 'ridges' in my knitting. I'm clearly having trouble with the yarn. My stockinette knitting is usually smoother. Still, I have enjoyed working on this sweater and will definitely wear it. I'll start on the sleeves soon, just not tonight. It's going to be a crash on the couch evening for me.

Whisper is doing great. All the girls, including Whisper, have been in season the last few weeks. It's finally over with and the boys are starting to settle down and have brains again. Thank Heavens! I don't think I could stand much more of this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Those socks are Happy looking, I think your hairdresser will love them.

The sweater - beautiful! And I can tell you the truth now, blocking wires are not as unwieldy as it seems they would be. :-)

Hooray for Whisper! Give her (and everyone else) a pat from me.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

That cardigan is gorgeous already, can't imagine how great it's going to look when you're finished with it!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home