Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sheep!


I realize the picture is not good but that's me and my Pembroke Welsh Corgi Dusty at an AHBA herding trial this morning. We were competing in the HTAD I Course 3 today. Yes, that is SNOW on the ground! About 7-8" fell on Friday morning and there was probably 5-6" left on the ground this morning. The temps this past Wednesday were in the 70s. Weather is never a dull subject in MN. The snow made for tough going for my short legged herding dogs but they did well. Shamrock managed a qualifying run so that was exciting.

You can't tell from the far off picture above but I'm wearing another reversible head band I knit last night. I'm getting serious about using up my stash!


One side of the head band is 3 strands of GGH Soft Kid and the other side is Rowan Big Wool in white and green. The head band was knit on 10.5 Addi Turbos. Love those Addi Turbos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh, I so feel for you and your puppy. Our chocolate lab came down with Erlichiosis at five months. Nothing breaks your heart more than having a creature that has been entrusted to your care, suffering with little you can do about it. I remember the pain started in his jaw and traveled down his body, day by day. He tottered around on his little puppy legs. We took him back to the vet day after day for treatment of the fever. My husband just fell to pieces. St. Joseph's childrens aspirin saved the day. I hope your buddy comes through with shining colors!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Wow, that's real snow (as opposed to a "dusting"!). I'm glad things went well for you and your dogs.

Another pretty headband - you're going to have a whole wardrobe of them before winter is over, at the rate you are going ...

(Hi Whisper, hope you are still feeling better.)

7:39 PM  
Blogger mary said...

Whisper is doing much better today. This morning she actually forgot to hang her head and look pitiful so I would carry her down the three steps to go outside. Instead she went running out with the rest of the pack as soon as I opened the door.

Whisper still won't climb up the back steps to come into the house but that's ok. After the snow it's very icy there and I don't need her hurting herself in anyway.

We did get snow here! I know there is no snow just 30 miles north of me but there's plenty of snow here.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home