Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Sock, A Sick Dog

We have a sock! Despite a very busy, RV problem plagued, dog show successful weekend in Sioux Falls, I managed to complete one sock. About time I'd say. Had a good weekend in Sioux Falls where Addie picked up 9 more points toward her Championship title. Addie won a 5 point major on Saturday by going BOB (Best Of Breed) over 3 Champions and a 4 point BOW (Best Of Winners) win on Sunday. Yeah Addie! She now has 11 points in 3 consecutive shows. Quite an accomplishment. Addie will be returning to her co-owner later this month. I'll miss her. She is not only a joy to show but a fun dog to have around.

I managed to finish my sock while spending time with my good friends Sherry and Sally and seeing friends Barb and Deb who also brought their knitting. Deb is knitting a beautiful blue sweater on size 3 needles and Barb a stylish beaded scarf. Just 2 more treatments to go Barb. You will do it! It will not be easy but I will be thinking of you often and I am planning on seeing you decked out in your scarf and good health at the shows in January.


Unfortunately, any excitement over my dogs' wins this weekend was damped by Whisper's illness. The diagnosis is a tick borne disease, Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Whisper is being treated with doxycycline for the ehrlichiosis and with Rimadyl for the pain. You can see she is not feeling well and it looks to be a slow recovery. I just hope for a full recovery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

I hope Whisper will feel better - please pass along a cyber-pat from me!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home