Monday, October 16, 2006

The best laid plans . . .

I had hope to get Shamrock to dog school tonight. She's entered in her first Rally Obedience trials this coming weekend and could use the practice. Unfortunately, she came in the house this afternoon limping on her right front foot. Not only was dog school out of the question so was even simple training at home. Rally Novice, the class she is entered in, is not difficult and she is prepared, none the less, I was so hoping to get her to class before the trials. The best laid plans of mice and men ...

Instead I have a little extra knitting time tonight. I thought I'd display a WIP, the bi-color cable sweater designed by Annie Modesitt. I started this sweater in the spring but, because it is for me, it has sat OTN several times while I worked on projects for others. I truly enjoy knitting this pattern, something happening on almost every row and not too much finishing work. I've made a few mistakes but none so horrible I feel the need to frog it. The yarn is GEMS Opal. This yarn was used in the original pattern and I already had it in my stash so didn't even think about substituting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home