Thursday, November 09, 2006

An actual FO!



An actual Finished Object! And it took all of 1.5 hours. It's a reversible head band intended for Whisper's dedicated weekend vet during Whisper's stay at the University of MN Veterinary Hospital. Whisper says we should give the doctor a gift card from a local supermarket too. I think that's a good idea. I remember being a grad student. Food was always welcome.

The fuzzy side is 3 strands of GGH Soft Kid, two in white and the third a reddish brown. The other side is Crystal Palace Iceland, a yarn I love. Mixed in with the Iceland are some left over pieces of a brown chenille which I've long since lost the name of or even remember what I used it for. I did warn you I'm knitting from my stash this winter!

The head band itself is inspired from the head band in Homespun Handknit. I purchased this book not long after it was first published, looked through it and thought "Ho Hum". This was quite some years ago when I thought only big, complicated projects would make me a credible knitter. Thankfully I've become a lot smarter about knitting since then. My copy of this book is now well worn and dog eared. I find this a marvelous book for small projects, easy or difficult, an excellent book for using up your stash and a great inspiration book. You can look through the book and come away with a new project idea of your own. I just love this book and have even thought of buying a new copy before the pages in my first copy start to fall out.

Whisper is improving, not by leaps and bounds but with slow and steady progress. And that keeps me happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

The headband is really pretty - and between that and the gift card, I'm betting the vet will feel like it's Christmas!

Whisper, your improvement is the best news I've heard all day. Take it easy and keep it up. :-)

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home