Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Neospora caninum

Neospora is a protozoa and it's the only one of Whisper's tests that came back positive. Her neurologist just received the test results today and called me this evening. He didn't seemed very alarmed, Whisper will start a 3 week course of clindamycin and stay on the prednisolone for now, but reading about neosporosis on the web doesn't sound very positive. I'll have to ask more questions tomorrow. Meanwhile, Whisper is doing very well, jumping up on me, running up and down the few steps to go outside, eating, gaining weight, no neck pain and holding her head in a normal position. From what the neurologist told me, it's not certain how dogs become infected with neospora but he did mention possum as a possibility.



So how about some pictures of knitting progress? I've made a little, not a lot but you can see I am at least not suffering from second sock syndrome. I've actually been knitting the second sock, started the heel tonight while I waited for blogger to upload photos. I wish I was a better photographer and this picture was in better focus. The camera says it is an "auto-focus" model so I think it should do all the work for me. Yes, I know I'm a technical gal but after spending my work day resolving technical problems I almost never want to spend my evenings doing the same.



And I've made progress on my IK Winter 2005 Bi-Color cable sweater. I'm almost done with the back and the front pieces should go quickly. Still have the sleeves to knit though. I usually do sleeves first, both at the same time, because I hate doing sleeves at the end of a project. However, I was so intrigued with the cabling on this little sweater that I started the body first and now I'm wishing I hadn't done that...

I mentioned Crystal Palace Iceland yarn a few posts back and at that time blogger would not let me upload a picture of a sweater I did in Iceland from the Vogue Holiday Issue, 2004. This sweater has become my wear-around-the-house sweater. I wear it almost all day, everyday during the cold weather and I'm so impressed with how well the yarn has held up. There's a little pilling under the arms but that's about it. Iceland gets two thumbs up from me. I wore this sweater all last December through March and just had to stop and admire the condition of the yarn when I started wearing it again this past week. No affiliation, just appreciating a good quality yarn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Yay, Whisper - I'm glad you are feeling better enough to go back to doing a lot that you like to do! We'll keep positive thoughts for you ...

The socks are nice, but the two-tone cable is amazing!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Lovely socks and sweaters.
I'm glad puppy is feeling better. Finger crosses and wishes that it will continue.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting, I love the socks and I hope Whisper gets well soon. Thanks for sticking up for us lefties on the knitlist-- :)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home