Friday, September 28, 2007

Trying to keep this a knitting blog

I am very cognizant of how long it has been since my last blog. I was hoping to be further along, if not finished, with the green, traveling shells cardigan before I blogged again. I'm close, yet, I'm a long way from a finished object.



I've completed the sleeves of the cardigan and 1/2 of the collar. I will baste the sleeves to the body tomorrow and have my mom try it on, as it's her sweater, but the sleeves sure look too short to me. I knit the sleeves 1.5 inches beyond the pattern suggested length and still they look too short. Hopefully the hang/drape of the fabric will change my opinion once I have my mom try it on. I think I'll shed real tears if I have to lengthen the sleeves but I'll do it.



Perhaps it is because of the time I've put into this project but I'm not too happy with the overall look. Maybe it will get better after I do all the finishing. I think the sweater looks better without the collar. I like the scalloped edges of the cardigan and the collar, at least as I've knit it, hides this pretty detail. I hope to complete the brunt of the finishing work this weekend. We'll see how it all comes together after that.



My puppy girl is doing great. She has really grown since I last blogged. I've moved her to bigger "digs" and still she is close to being able to crawl out of the larger sized swimming pool. Next will be an X-pen (exercise pen) in the dining room area will she will be able to interact with a bigger part of the canine family living here.


Her Cuteness



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh my, that is one cute little girl all right.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh, you have put so much work into the sweater, I hope it will be right once it's blocked and tried on!

Oh.My.God. That sweet puppy face - I can't stand it!! It's a good thing I'm not there, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to leave her alone ...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sleeve length aside, the cardigan looks wonderful...once it's all sewn up it'll be just fine. That puppy sure is cute. I'm glad to hear she is thriving.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to tell you how pretty the sweater is, but the cuteness of the puppy simply blocked all other thoughts.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home