Thursday, August 30, 2007

Still There Are Two



I still have two puppies though it has not been without struggle. My little boy wants to live and this has saved him so far. I'm still holding my breath for him and hoping for the best. Dottie looks good doesn't she?



My vet and I agree the little boy was born premature. He is lacking some hair on his head, which you can see in the above picture, and also on his feet. His hair is growing in. I am so amazed he is with us. Of course I understand problems might yet develop but I am in awe of his will to survive and have decided I will help him however I can. You can see he is less than half the size of his sister. I am supplementing him but less and less each day. My "little" girl is a chub isn't she? Hurray for her.

If you have any name suggestions for my premmie boy, send them along.

Belated Happy Birthday To Me



Yesterday was my 55th birthday. Geez, I'm old! I was so busy with work and helping Dot with her puppies that I didn't celebrate much. I received many nice cards and gifts.


Knitting


Have you seen this pattern of the Autumn Cardigan?



You can find it here. I just love it. I even ordered the yarn.



The picture does not do the yarn justice. I have no idea when I will start this project, I just know I had to have the pattern and yarn as soon as I saw it. Perhaps I'll start this winter.



The Autumn Cardigan will be a difficult knit for me and honestly, once I complete the Traveling Shells Cardigan, I will be happy to work on a few simpler projects for a nice break. I have not had any time to knit since my last post. I surely hope to finish the Traveling Shells cardigan soon. I'm not much of a stash person, but look at the lovely sock yarns I have waiting for me. A few simple socks would be a great break.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps name him Hercules as confidence of his future strength:)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Dot and her babies look well - I'm so glad that the little boy is doing his best.

I think you should name him Harry, since like Harry Potter, he's "the boy who lived," and he will probably have to fight some battles even once he grows up.

Give them all a pat from me.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh, and also - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I forgot earlier. :-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Happy belated Birthday! The puppies are cute.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home