Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Still blogging...

I'm still blogging, just been busy. I haven't even had a chance to knit since last Friday evening. Sometimes Life gets in the way of the life I want to have. I hate it when that happens.

The I35W Bridge

I've checked all the Minnesota blogs I read and everyone seems to be fine but like most Minnesotans, I know more than one person, my nephew included, who traveled the bridge on a daily basis. I wish they would publish the names of those injured so I can rest easy no one I know is on the list but I understand the privacy reasons for not being able to do so. Such a tragedy.

Knitting News

None actually. I'm still plugging away on the green traveling shells cardigan. Lack of time has seriously curtailed any real progress. I have one half of the shawl collar completed and hope to start on the second half this evening.

Dog News



A bit of pleasant dog news to share. Remember Junior? Junior and his owner/handler Linda managed a High In Trial award from the Open A class. This is a fantastic achievement. They are quite the team.

JJ managed to complete his championship this past weekend. Hurray! Of course I'm happy about his championship however I'm ever so happy JJ never has to go in the show ring again. This is a boy who can see no sense in making silly circles around a show ring when there are other, much more fun activities like obedience and especially HERDING, to do.



Whisper went to the shows this weekend also and was Reserve Winner both days. I call this the "Best Of The Losers" award. Pictured above is Whisper on Monday morning, exhausted from her weekend efforts. Sorry for the X rated photo but I thought she was pretty cute. Wish I could relax like that!

Bluebirds

The "bluebird" man came out and helped me put up a few new houses and take down houses which were only attracting wrens and tree sparrows. We will put up additional houses next March. A few days after his visit I had 9 bluebirds in my yard early in the morning and late in the afternoon. They had a blast in the bird baths. It was so much fun to watch them. They've since moved on. Hopefully they will be back to visit my yard on a frequent and regular basis. I hope so.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

I understand busy. Hopefully things lighten up soon. How does one find a bluebird man?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Love the x rated dog photo!

What did you differently with your bird houses that it made such a difference to the bluebirds? You're very lucky to have so many!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Well, even if you haven't been knitting it sounds like you have been spending at least some of your time doing things you like to do!

Love the pup pictures!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home