Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bags, bags and more bags

I am not at all sure how this post evolved into a blog about bags but it has. And before you read further, mind you, there are no pictures of the bags under my eyes!

Guinifer blogged on May 9th about a pretty little project bag. I didn't need a project bag but had been thinking that very day how I needed a new brief case/laptop carrier. Something more feminine than the traditional male brief case. So I went to ebags.com and found myself a great new brief case.



This is it. I like it a lot. Though I work mostly from home I do need to go into the office on occasion. Recently, these occasions have become every Thursday. Though there are work stations in the drop-in offices, I've found it so much easier to just bring my own laptop. This case holds my laptop, power cord, secure id card and lots more.



Here it is with the laptop and power cord inside. Plenty of room for my check book, credit card, cell phone and lunch. It is heavy, but then, it only needs to go from my car to the office which is a short walk through the parking lot.

On the spur of the moment I also bought a what I thought would be a little project bag, just big enough for say, a sock or scarf project.



You can see this bag exceeded my size expectations. I thought I would get a bag about the size of evening clutch, yet it's almost as big as my new laptop carrier. Still, I've put it to use with my current project, the Traveling Shells Cardigan.



I'll keep it. I might continue to look for a smaller project bag. Meanwhile, this will do.

I own so many bags. I can't decide if it's because I have so many hobbies and projects in the works or because I live in a small house and am always striving to stay organized. Here are a few of the bags I use constantly.




This is my knitting bag. Love the cute dogs on the front and back. See all the pockets inside? I have pockets for needles, patterns, tape measures, scissors, you name it, if you need it for knitting, it's in here. However, this bag mostly stays home. It holds several projects at once and I thought I'd like a smaller, single project bag to carry along to places I might get a chance to knit, like the doctor or dentist's office, beautician, you get the idea.

So then for some reason I went nuts taking pictures of the various bags I have.



In my opinion, these Outward Hound bags are the absolute best bags you can get. I have two, the small size in red and the large size in blue.


Here's the inside of my obedience bag. It holds leashes and collars for 5 different dogs, 2 sizes of white gloves for the directed retrieve exercise and 3 different sizes of dumb bells. Of course, the 4-5 dogs I am training could not use the same size of dumb bell!




Above is the inside of my grooming bag which is the large size of Outward Hound gear bag. I love all the pockets, the shoulder strap and hand straps with Velcro closure, all the outside pockets and space for 2 water bottles. I think these are the best bags available for several uses.

Ah, but wait. I have more bags.



Above are all the different scent discrimination article bags I have for my various dogs. These bags are all mesh or some other kind of breathable material so the scent articles can "air out".



This bag holds all the towels I need for grooming the dogs at the shows. The Pembroke Welsh Corgi model on this bag, and on several T-shirts and Hoodies from this company, is a dog I bred and was owned by the artist, P. Harris.



And finally, I won this little bag at a Christmas party for a dog obedience school I attend. I use the bag to hold the brush, comb and spray bottle of water I take to ring side at dog shows.

And this is just the beginning. I have still more bags I won't bore you with.

My local Public Television station is showing West Side Story tonight. What a great movie! Wonderful choreography, costumes, dancing and songs. Right now they are singing "Tonight, Tonight". How sad, knowing the ending.

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

I really like both of your new bags. Your laptop tote is especially sophisticated looking. Nicely done!
I am the same way with totes - attempts at organization!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I think you need one big, big bag to store all your other bags in!

Lauren

9:13 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Love the new bag - I watched West Side, too - I'll be walking around for days, now snapping and doing weird dances.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh I'm a bag addcit too!! But I definitely need one of those Outward Hound bags! Thanks for posting the link! Your Corgis are beautiful! Pembies Rock!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home