Monday, May 14, 2007

Jealous

I am so jealous of all of you who attended the Shepherds Harvest Festival. I don't know how I forgot about it but I did. I didn't remember until I had already made plans I could not cancel. I will have to live vicariously through your pictures and posts, so lots of pictures and reports please! I think I must be the only knitter in MN who did not attend. Next year for sure.


I just had to show you this picture of one of my bluebirds sitting on a bird feeder. I took the picture through a window with a little HP digital camera so it's not the greatest but I was thrilled to capture Mr. Bluebird. He wasn't eating any of the bird seed, just using the perch to catch some bugs. I know he's not really MY bluebird but I am very protective of the blue birds who come to nest here each spring. Just ask my cat, Percy, who is damaging my screens trying to get outside. Poor kitty.

My dog training has been suffering of late. We are very busy at work and I spent time this weekend coding and writing a requirements specification. Sounds like too much fun huh? I did get some training time with Dak and Dot, Shamrock and Dusty, but I think poor Bunny has been ignored of late. She's making good progress and I need to be more consistent about finding time to work with her each day.



I did find time for some knitting this weekend. I'm making progress on the traveling shells cardigan. After many frustrating false starts, tinking back an entire (244 stitch)row two different times, I am actually starting to get the hang of this pattern. I am having a particular problem with yarn splitting. While knitting I think I am being so careful not to split the yarn and to re-do any splits I see, but then I look back at earlier rows and see tons of splits. Geez! It must be my eyesight. Or perhaps I made a poor choice when I substituted yarn. The 'purl two together through the back loop' are especially difficult.



I walked away from this project more than once before I completed the fifth row. I went looking on the web for other patterns I could use with this yarn. In the end, I stuck it out and for some reason, completing the fifth row seemed to be the charm for me. Though I'm still making plenty of mistakes I can now see it is possible to complete this project.

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

That pattern is similar to the Pomatumus sock and I struggled with that pattern as well.

I'm working with a splitty yarn right now too and it just makes me growl.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

That makes two of us who did not attend :-(

9:46 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Wow, your own bluebird, I'm so jealous! I don't think I've ever seen one in person in the wild, so to speak ...

As for the puppy picture - Oh.My.God. It should be illegal to be that sweet looking!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Hey! Did I hear you went shopping over the weekend? What did you get, what did you get?

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home