Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Almost There


I think I am making good progress on my Nantucket Jacket. I suppose some might think I'm a slow knitter. I don't think I am a particularly slow knitter, though I've never compared my knitting speed to anyone else, I just think I do not have a lot of time for knitting. Enough excuses, I hope to finish the final side in the next few evenings.

I thought long and hard about making button holes in the seed stitching rather than using the crocheted edging for button holes. The sides are wide enough for the "button bands" of seed stitching to overlap and I like my cardigans to fit snugly. It's cold here in the winter. Heck, it's cold here tonight and it's April! Seems as if the sweater is going to fit loosely in the front by using the crocheted edging for button holes. However, in the end, I had my doubts about the seed stitching being strong enough to be used as a button band. If I could sew, I'd sew a nice ribbon edging along the inside of the seed stitching to make it stronger but alas, I'm lousy at sewing and don't even own a sewing machine.

I know I've said it before but I've so enjoyed this knitting project. I predict more textured knitting in my future.

Not too much new on the dog scene here. Haven't been to any shows since February. Looks like my show schedule will start in force at the end of April what with obedience, conformation and herding events coming up. Trying to figure out who will be in coat, who will be far enough along in their training, who will be ready for which events. For now, it seems I'm constantly grooming shedding dogs and rounding up the dust bunnies. Spring!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

I think your jacket looks like it will be stunning! I love the color.

Give all the pups a pat from me.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Just so you know...I'm adjusting my sleeves. I took about 3 inches off of one the hard way....unraveling from the bottom up until I finally got the right length. The second will be faster now that I have the correct length, but *gulp* that'll mean cutting.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Just so you know - I think it's pretty amazing how quickly you've gotten as far as you have. I seem to do as much tinking as I do knitting with complicated patterns.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home