Sunday, March 04, 2007

Snow Storm and More

Ok, so the snow storm last Saturday and Sunday was not the storm of the century as previously predicted, however the snow this past Wednesday through Friday certainly was. Here is Dak in a snow drift though I can tell you he is not even close to being at the bottom of the drift. The snow is very hard packed because of the winds we had. I picked Dak up and tossed him into the snow and this is as far as he sunk. Dak thought I had quite lost my mind when tossing him into the deep snow. This is one nice thing about all the snow, the corgis make a few trails through it and mostly leave the deep drifts alone. It makes my daily yard clean up very easy. I just follow the paths, no need to traverse the entire fenced yard.

The last time I posted I bragged about the progress I was making on the bi-color cable sweater. Gosh, that will teach me to brag! I have knit the collar over three times, once in the pattern directed garter rib stitch, a second time in plain garter stitch and the third time in the above shown k1p1 rib pattern. Yet none of these have produced a collar I am happy with or that looks good on me. I finally decided the problem is in the way I am picking up the stitches. I think I have too many stitches along the back of the collar compared to the stitches I pick up along the two sides. Honestly, I don't know, it's just my current theory but I am going to try adjusting this stitch count. If that doesn't work I will try omitting the collar altogether.





Here are the buttons. I think they turned out very nice even though they are not crocheted. I made I-cord buttons because I was too lazy to drag out my "How To Crochet" manual for left handers.












And here is the completed back of my Nantucket Jacket. I'm still in love with this pattern. I've started the sleeves, two at once, and have about 2" of the 7" completed. It will all need a good blocking but I think it will look nice once I've knit, blocked and stitched it all together. If nothing else, it's a fun knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Good thing you can still find Dak in the snow!

I think the buttons are quite impressive, having never tried them myself, and I like the look of the Nantucket jacket.

Go left-handers!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Poor Dak. He looks rather bewildered.

Are you going to take a modeling shot of the new sweater?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I do love those short legged dogs! Dak is cute too. I finished my Nantucket. You can see it here: http://k3tog.typepad.com/k3tog/2007/02/finished.html

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home