Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A little knitting and a little dog news


Here's my finished socks, getting ready to be shipped off to my mom. I meant to have them ready for her birthday (February 1st) and then for Valentine's Day (February 14th) and I think I finally mailed them February 15th. What can I say, I had the best of intentions.

I think the socks turned out nicely, one is a bit larger than the other despite my attempts to block it. I believe it was caused by all the ripping and re-knitting I did on the first sock. In the end, I had the pattern figured out and the second sock came along very nicely. I will definitely knit these again sometime.


Here's the progress I am making on the Nantucket Jacket. I've completed the arm hole shaping and just need to knit up about 5 more inches to complete the back. I'm happy with it, it needs a good blocking and then I think I will be very happy with the results. However, once the back is completed I promised myself I will get back to the Bi-color cable sweater and finally finish it.

I travelled to Des Moines this past Sunday for a one day dog show and Moby picked up a Best Of Winners win for another point. He's such a fun dog to show. He lives in Des Moines with my good friend and obedience training mentor, Sherry. He's a great little show dog but will be an even greater obedience dog because Sherry is such a good trainer. I'll have to scan in his winning picture from the shows at the River Centre in St. Paul back in January. The picture is just super and shows off the dog so nicely.

But not tonight, I'm too tired.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Wow, Mary, you've been busy! But I love the pictures, and the socks turned out beautifully.

Congrats to Moby!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

You knit so beautifully! I'd like to have you teach me how to finish a sweater, oh, and also, how to train a dog!

(Adorable socks!)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Hello...I just wandered over from the MN Knitter's Ring. I'm knitting Nantucket, too! In fact, it looks like yours is the same color as mine. What yarn are you using? I'm done with the knitting part, and it's in the process of blocking before starting the endless finishing phase.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home