Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 Is Here

I hope every one had a wonderful Holiday season. Here's hoping for a peaceful and joyful 2007. I for one love the New Year Holiday. Though not one for making resolutions per se, I'm a big list maker and goal setter so I find the New Year a great time for taking stock, prioritizing and rearranging, possibly re-invigorating yourself on some goals and hopefully giving yourself a pat on the back for other goals accomplished. All in all, a time for stopping and reflecting.



This is my last finished object for 2006 - yet another headband. This one is done in Rowan Polar leftovers found in my stash, size 10.5 Addi turbos. It did not turn out as well as I envisioned (a common lament around here). There are three sheep around the headband. The headband itself is in reverse stockinette stitch, the sheep bodies in blackberry stitch, their faces and legs in plain knit and they each have 3-D ears. I 'borrowed' the design from Vogue Knitting On The Go Baby Blankets. I've always wanted to try the baby blanket in this book with the blackberry-stitch sheep so I tried it on this headband. I think a smaller gauge would have made the sheep look better.


As for THE CAR, it ran great on Saturday taking family to the airport, great on Sunday driving to herding lessons and back and good today driving to Iowa and back. Perhaps the work done in Waterloo, IA has finally fixed it. Meanwhile, I have a Customer Reference number from VW and a promise someone will contact me on Tuesday or Wednesday regarding my unhappiness and extreme displeasure with the vehicle.

Guinifer as well as a few others have warned me about the cost of maintenance on a Volkswagen and I had purchased the extended warranty since I usually drive a vehicle until it's on its very last few miles. However, I no longer have any such plans for the Passat and the dealer allowed me to cancel the extended warranty. So there's a little money back on this fiasco. Meanwhile, I wait to see what Volkswagen has to say/offer. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of the whole mess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

I hope you have good luck with this. Locally, I thought the VW customer service was kind of arrogant. Like, I should be lucky they bother to work on my car, you know? Corporate CS might be a different story. I'll cross my fingers for you!

4:10 PM  
Blogger mary said...

I am seeing the same attitude you indicate. They can't understand why I am complaining, everything has been covered under warranty so what is my problem? I guess a new car in the shop for 11 of the first 28 days you own it is not a problem for VW. Afterall, they've provided two different loaners and a rental car. So what if none of these are the car I'm making payments on? ARGH! And then they wanted to know if this is my first VW experience. Yes it is my first. It's also my last and only.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home