Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mr. Moby


I mentioned scanning in a picture of Moby and here it is. Isn't he a handsome guy? Ok, Moby is 5 generations of my breeding so I could be just a bit biased. Moby is co-owned by me and my good friend Sherry and he lives with Sherry in IA. Sherry allows me to borrow Moby for the show ring from time to time and I am most grateful. In his "real" life Moby is in training to be a great obedience dog.

Jeanne asked me about the yarn I am using for my Nantucket Jacket. I am knitting with Mission Falls 1824 Wool, color Mist. It's ok. I find I am splitting the yarn more than I normally do. I can't decide if it's the yarn or the Inox needles I am using. The Inox have very sharp points and I'm not sure I like them as well as the Addi Turbos I normally use. But the Inox were in my drawer full of knitting needles so I could hardly justify purchasing new Addi Turbos in the same size.

I was wishing last time I posted that I knew how to create separate blog pages for each of my projects or that I had a Flicker or some such account to display the finished objects and all the details, like yarn and needles used for the project. My life's been busy lately but hopefully I'll soon have a weekend to sit down and figure this out. I have my dog Dak entered in obedience trials this coming weekend but the weather forecast is not looking so good for traveling to Minneapolis on Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps this weekend will be a snow/ice weekend and give me the time to make a better blog.

I was browsing the web today and I found a Nantucket Jacket KAL. Gosh, some very interesting comments and experiences here. Lucky for me I am knitting the smallest size so sounds as if I won't need to make too many adaptations, but it's a shame the pattern is not working out for some. Still, everyone, including me, seems to agree it's a fun pattern to knit. After seeing other Nantucket Jackets I'm wishing I'd done mine in a brighter color. I doubt I'll join the KAL, I just never know how much time I am going to have for knitting projects and am afraid I'd fall way behind the others. It's sure a great resource though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Moby is quite handsome! I don't really know a lot about showing dogs, but he certainly looks like a champion in that picture.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't join KALs. I'm a slow knitter, and am always hesitant to be the one bringing up the rear ...

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Moby is a handsome boy! Congratulations!

Darn...I wish I had thought to look for a KAL for Nantucket before I started. I'm in the sewing up phase, and am worried now that my sleeves are going to be too tight. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now except to keep sewing and see what I end up with.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Moby is a darling!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home