Friday, August 17, 2007

Catching Up

Nothing particularly new today. I am making slow progress on the sleeves of the traveling shells cardigan. I truly hope to finish by the end of the month - but we'll see.

Both Jeanne and Guinifer asked about my bluebirds so I thought I'd expound a bit. I found the "Bluebird Man" through my sister and her husband who live on the other side of town. As it turns out, he is actually my county's coordinator for the Bluebird Recovery Program, of which I am now a member.

One thing the bluebird man insisted on was that I take down all the bird houses which were attracting wrens who are the enemy of bluebirds he told me. Now I do not like being a bird bigot and the first day we took down the houses the wrens complained all day. By the second day, the wrens were gone. It made me sad, I love to hear those chatty wrens. Still, I must say, by the third day my yard was filled with bluebirds. They visit every day now, especially in the early morning and early evening. They do love the bird baths and it is so fun to watch them play in the water.

Here's a link to the Second Wave Clapotis KAL. I can't decide if I can't wait to get started on my Clapotis or if I can't wait to finish my Traveling Shells Cardigan!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Some day, I would really like to see a bluebird ... but they don't generally hang around in urban areas, so I guess I'll have to travel to do it!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

So how do the two birdhouses differ?

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Ah yes....no bluebirds in my neighborhood...I'm happy to attract anything. Send the wrens up my way. I'll take care of them.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home