Friday, August 10, 2007

Clapotis KAL Second Time Around

I'm about to join my fist KAL (Knit Along) and we will be knitting the Clapotis. The KAL will start September 23rd, the first day of autumn. I'm excited about this new knit. It will give me the impetus I need to finish up the green traveling shells cardigan. It's being organized by Bridget. Send her a note if you would like to join.

I've already purchased new yarn for my Clapotis. I couldn't wait, I haven't bought new yarn since May. I told Bridget I would put a picture on my blog of the new yarn on Thursday but I had a few interruptions which prevented that.

Thursday afternoon started my a/c problems. My air conditioner is a fairly new unit and I was not expecting problems so soon. I had the HVAC folks out on Thursday afternoon and then again on Thursday evening (spendy!). The problem was not completely put to rest until I paid a plumber to come out this morning. Finally I can say the dogs and I are cool and comfortable in our air conditioned house with a dry basement floor. (A side effect of all this trouble is a very clean and (finally) dry basement floor.)

Despite the problem plagued Thursday I sat down Thursday evening with full intention of blogging about my new yarn only to discover the batteries in my camera were dead and I was out of replacements. Geez, when it rains it pours.



So, after all that, here's a photo of my new yarn. I tried several different backgrounds and none do the yarn justice. It's Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in color Vera, very autumnal colors, burgundy to dark pinks, brown to light khaki, olive green to paler green. I know it is hotter than the blazes right now but this will be an autumnal KAL and I love the rich colors. I've knit a lot of pastels lately and am looking forward to the change.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Mary, that is gorgeous yarn! And I know that it feels so wonderful - I can't wait to see your Clapotis!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

This will be very lovely!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I think that yarn will make a wonderful Clapotis.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I ate some clapotis in greece once.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home