Saturday, August 25, 2007

Blue Sky



At least I think that's what this is called. We've been so long in the rain and fog and gray I may have forgotten the correct name for the above. It's an absolutely beautiful day today and my house managed to stay dry through all the rain so I'm trying to enjoy the day as best I can.

My dog Dot had three puppies by C-section this morning. Things aren't going perfectly. We lost one large, beautiful male. My first litter in 2.5 years. It was disappointing enough to be a small litter and to lose one of the three was very sad.



I have one strong female and one weaker, smaller male. I'm helping the little boy and he is able to nurse from a bottle so hopefully I can keep him going until he's able to nurse from mom and until mom's milk comes in stronger. A puppy's survival is always touch and go for the first few weeks but especially after a C-section. Send good thoughts.

I won't make it to the State Fair this year but Susan of The Rainey Sisters posted pictures of her own and a few other winning items. Gosh, those Rainey sisters sure can knit.

Jeanne also did some winning and has photos on her blog. These will have to be my vicarious State Fair experience this year. Next year I'm going to set a goal to enter an item or two.



Speaking of my own knitting, I thought it was time to bore you with the sleeve progress on the traveling shells cardigan. I've completed 1.5 pattern repeats, only 3.5 to go before sleeve completion.



I had hoped to make roasted tomato sauce today but instead will spend my time hovering over Dot and her puppies.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Glad you are OK with all of the rain and such that has been happening.

Everyone at our house (furry) and otherwise, will say a prayer, and keep a good thought for Dot and her puppies. So sorry to hear that you lost one, but I'm glad he didn't suffer.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh, I hope your remaining puppies stay safe. So sorry you lost a precious baby!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home