Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Whoa! I knew I hadn't blogged in a while but I see it's been nearly a month. Bad me.

I've been quite busy with the puppies and other dog activities. As for the puppies, Fussy (now Emma) and Necklace (now Jade) are both in their new homes and have bright futures as performance dogs doing obedience, agility and possibly conformation also. I miss them both but updates from their owners confirm both puppies are well adjusted in their new homes. I'm suppose to be getting pictures (hint hint). I'll publish them when I get them.

Meanwhile, I'm running on Tinkerbelle, Rumor (formerly Splat) and Fancy (formerly Two Spots) for a few more weeks.



This was a very nice litter but do I wonder if they have enough toys?

My Kennel Club held a Meet The Breed at the local mall in early March. Dak demonstrated scent discrimination, heeling, hand signals and a little agility. He had a blast. He loves performing. The really big news around here though is Dusty and his success at the first AKC agility trials he (and I) attended. Dusty ran 2 Novice Jumper With Weaves and 2 Novice Standard courses and ended up with 4 perfect scores! Being a novice agility handler, I made a few mistakes. Dusty is such a reliable and agreeable dog however, he was able to cover for me.



Here is Dusty's first JWW run.



Above is Dusty's first Novice Standard run. The first dog on the video is Moby, Dusty's son, and Moby's owner/trainer Sherry. It was fun to see how much the boys look a like and their similar working styles.

And wait, wait! I do still knit, though not nearly as much as I'd like.




I finished my fingerless gloves the weekend of the agility trials. It was cold in that horse arena and the gloves were the perfect thing to wear. That's why they look a little worn in the photo above. I put them to good use more than once before thinking to take a picture of them. The yarn is Dream In Color Smooshy.



I'm plugging along on my Mr. Greenjeans. Almost done with the first sleeve, one more sleeve and the front edging to do and I'm done. I'm hoping to finish it and be able to wear it yet this season. The way this winter has been going, that should be no problem!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dusty looks like agility is so much fun!

No--not enough toys. Definitely not. :-)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

So the first video had my dogs running around with the attack mohawk on their backs, so I didn't watch the second one! LOL.

Is your Greenjeans out of Smooshy as well? It's really beautiful.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Agility looks like so much fun!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary -
Just checking in to see how the edging went on Mr. Greenjeans.

The pups are just adorable!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home