Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Knitting Continues

First I want to say thank you for all the comments on my loss of Winger. It still hurts, as I'm sure all you pet owners know. Winger went so much further in her obedience training than I would have thought possible. Winger always tried so hard and gave each new challenge her very best effort.

I learned much about life from Winger.

Christmas Knitting

I am busy hurrying to finish up my Christmas knitting. Most of the projects are easy, fun knits which I will show pictures of once they are completed and given away. However, I have to show you the cutest little toy.



I warned you in a previous post how enamored I have become with knitted toys. As soon as I finished the Felted Sheep I set out on a Felted Fido project. My sister's first grandchild is crazy about puppies. I hope he likes this little guy.



This Felted Fido is made of Cascade 220 Wool in an off white color and Bernat Boa novelty yarn. I am the world's worse photographer and do not think these pictures do justice to this cute little guy. He has black, needle felted eyes and nose and a red, needle felted tongue. I also made a red I-cord collar and attached "dog tags" snipped from a recently purchased dog collar.



Fame

And here is Fame attacking Santa in typical Fame style.



Gosh, I hope Santa still comes to our house!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

The fuzzy yarn you used for you felted puppy will make it a wonderful cuddle for a tactile kid. My Puck would've had that little guy by his face for cuddles in two seconds flat.

As usual, I want to rub that little Fame puppy belly.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh no! Now I need that puppy too - how cute!

I think Santa must have a pretty good sense of humor about himself - he always comes to our house, even after the cats have nearly destroyed a catnip Santa we have ... :-)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Felted Fido is great. I'm sure he will be well loved.

10:48 AM  
Blogger KnittyNancy said...

You continue to be in my thoughts. I am so sorry for your loss.

Your Felted Fido is adorable. You chose great yarns.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home