Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ch. Winger UD RAE 1995-2007

I lost my Winger today. It has been more difficult than I thought. She had been failing rapidly lately but this past weekend Winger went downhill quickly. She was very uncomfortable and not eating. I know I did the right thing and I had a long time to say good-bye but it still hurts. I loved her so much, I hope she knows that.



Above is my favorite picture of Winger, 18 months old and going Best Of Breed at her very first dog show. Winger meant so much to me. She was a very unlikely obedience prospect, very shy and nervous and extremely sound sensitive. Still, she worked hard and prevailed and her life was much richer for it.



This is Winger a few nights ago. Like so many of my dogs, she loved sleeping between the toilet and the wall.



Here is a picture of Winger I took this past weekend. Winger had bad cataracts and the flash often shown like this in her eyes. I've tried using a few tools to fix her eyes in the picture but without success. Is there anyone who reads my blog who might know how to fix her eyes? I'd love to have this picture of Winger without the shining eyes.

Meanwhile, life goes on. Tomorrow I have to drive into the office for our Christmas party. I'm hardly in the Ho-Ho-Ho mood. Still, we are very busy and it will be good to meet with a few folks in person and talk over current and future work.

Knitting

I have been doing some knitting.



This is Fiber Trends Felted Fido. It's starting to look a bit like a puppy. It will be interesting to see how it turns out after felting. This is knit with Cascade 220 Wool and a novelty yarn I bought at the local big box store.



I'm still working on the golf club covers. Easy (and often boring) knitting. This cover has been completed, except for the seaming, for at least a week. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't seem to finish it. Hopefully this weekend.

Life Goes On



Fame continues to delight. Here she is this evening attacking one of my Smart Wool socks instead of any of her multiple toys.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

I am so sorry. So hard to lose parts of our animal family. Take care of yourself.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Oh Mary, it seems to be a tough few weeks for all of us and our family members. I am so very sorry to hear about Winger, and I don't think there could be any way she wouldn't know how much you loved her (and still will).

Please pet the others for me. Everyone at our house (furry and otherwise) will say a special prayer for all of you.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I am so sorry to hear about Winger.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry about Winger. I know it's little consolation now, but at least Winger had a wonderful life with a loving, caring family. Thinking of you.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad to send a well-loved corgi to the rainbow bridge. Reminds me of my old dog Patches, a husky/samoyed/collie cross who died at 12 yo.

About your pic of Winger, scrapbooking sections/stores have special "pet eye pens" to get rid of that glare. You just use it with the directions and make a bunch of little dots in the glowy eye area and the glow vanishes and neutralizes into natural dog eyes. They have a different pen for fixing people's red eyes too.

Hug fluffy puppy Fame for me. I will hug Buster and Genevieve, our tailed pems.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home