Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fame does agility

Hey, don't faint, it really is me posting more than once in a month!

Work has been insane lately. So many projects, so many problems, so short staffed. The last few days I feel as if I have done nothing but shuffle from one project/problem to another, making little to no progress on any. I'll never understand corporate America's belief in short staffing and expecting the remaining few folks to get everything done.

Anyway, back to my blog subjects of knitting and dogs. As promised, I have a few pictures, albeit not very good, of Fame at her first agility lesson.



Big, brave, oh so independent puppy Fame met her match on the A-frame and the dog walk. Of course we had the A-frame laid out close to the ground like a bridge and very good control of her on the dog walk. Still, it was a bit surprising to see Fame so subdued. It is definitely not her normal character.



Be assured, by the end of Fame's short lesson she was already tackling the contact equipment with confidence and the tunnels with total abandon. She does love her tunnels.

Speaking of, Lauren mentioned in my comments that Percy might love the tunnels. He sure does! I sent JJ through the chute, a cloth, closed tunnel, the other day and to my and JJ's surprise, Percy was napping inside the chute. Now JJ could have cared less. He's a fast, reckless agility dog, but luckily it was JJ surprised by the cat and not Whisper or Bunny who are much less confident about agility. Good old Percy maintained his napping position in the chute even after JJ had buzzed on by.

I started knitting the second golf club cover pairs. I wanted to start something more interesting but figured I'd best complete these first. I don't like having too many unfinished projects laying around.



I couldn't sleep last night so got up too early this morning and made a cranberry nut bread. I used the recipe found here. I substituted clementine juice rather than orange juice as I still had a bunch of clementines left over from last weekend's pork recipe. I did use orange rind as called for in the recipe because have you ever tried getting a tablespoon of rind off of clementines? Almost as boring as knitting golf club covers. The bread was delicious, worth all the early morning effort and I ate too much of it. I love cranberries, so sweet and so tart all at once. I've bought and frozen a bunch.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Oooo that looks fantastically delicious.

Fame is so adorable - those big eyes are saying "What the heck do you want from me!"

7:48 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Love the Fame pictures! She is a pretty girl. The story about JJ, Percy, and the tunnels made me laugh out loud.

Do you ever read The Knitting Doctor blog (I have it linked on my page, don't have the URL right here)? They just got a new corgi from a rescue, and he is adorable.

Now I really really want some of the cranberry bread. NOW.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

The bread looks really yummy! The idea of find Percy asleep in the tunnel just cracks me up. Also the fact that he just kept napping - I imagine that JJ had to have jumped him, right?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home