Friday, January 04, 2008

Something new for the New Year

I know I've been ignoring my blog lately. There was the Holidays of course, a wonderful Christmas spent with all my family together, my parents home from AZ and my sister here from KY, along with all the rest of the family still living here in MN. It was a great Christmas.

Still, I ignored my blog even after Christmas. Here's the reason why:



These 5 beautiful girls (yes - all girls!) were born late last evening. I've been on pins and needles anticipating this litter since my last litter resulted in only a singleton. As wonderful as Fame is, a one puppy litter is still not a great success. Even when I had time to blog I couldn't. My mind was on nothing else but doing all I could to prepare for a successful litter. I was hoping for something a little bigger this time and it seems I've gotten my wish. So far at least. Everyone is healthy and fat. They have all nursed throughout the night and mama Shamrock is in good shape. The sire of the litter looks like this.

So wish us luck and good health.

Agility Trials

Dusty and I attended a weekend of NADAC agility trials after Christmas. It was So.Much.Fun. And Dusty did great besides having a blast. He even won his first class. I ordered a professional photo from the trial which won't arrive for 4-6 weeks so you'll have to be satisfied with this shot of Dusty taken while we practiced one frigid day after Christmas. Agility lessons are in an unheated building and I dress for the cold. It was strange to run agility indoors at the trials without at least 5 pounds of extra clothes on!



My sister took this picture along with several others of the dogs working and she took some beautiful family pictures during the Holiday get-togethers.

Knitting

I don't have any new knitting pictures to show. I'm finishing up some hand warmers in Dream In Color Smooshy and also my Clapotis. I can't wait to start something new but I am going to finish up these two projects first.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Congratulations on the puppies!!! I do love the Fame girl, and now you have all those additional girlies!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

PUPPIES! Yay - I'm glad things are going well. And I love the picture of the agility practice.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has not finished her Clapotis ... as a matter of fact, I had to tear what I had out and start over ...

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Mary x 5 and my hope and wishes for a joyous 2008.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh my! Good luck and good health is right. So exciting!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home