Monday, June 15, 2009

Fame's New Hobbles

Knitting

I know I said I was going to warp my rigid heddle loom instead of knitting and even though I had a large block of time this past Sunday for doing just that, I ended up knitting on my Cameo sweater instead. I am hoping to get to the joining of the front and back before I set this project on the side burner.



The sweater looks as if it could fit a doll doesn't it? I am totally winging it as far as gauge goes. I could get the suggested pattern gauge on US size 8 needles but didn't like the looseness of the stitch pattern at that size. I played around with several other needle sizes and decided I liked the look of the Broken Rib pattern on US size 5 needles best. So I am trying to fit my gauge on size 5 needles to the size of the sweater. Wish me luck! If it doesn't fit, oh well, it's the learning process that counts right? Actually, when I hold it up to my favorite sweaters, it seems okay. It is a very "stretchy" pattern. Failure or success, I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Dogs

Fame was fitted with her Dog Leggs this afternoon. Fame has been diagnosed with MSI, medial shoulder instability, similar to rotator cuff injury in humans. Supposedly, these braces will keep her shoulders stable for the next 4 months and allow her ligaments to heal. I'm so, SO happy Fame survived her hemolytic anemia, now I just need her to survive the side effects of the drugs that saved her.



Sorry for the fuzzy picture but Fame is still adjusting to her hobbles and can't seem to sit still for the camera. Keep your fingers crossed for my little Fame-ous!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh that little baby is just such a pet! Hurray for Vets! Kona's eye has finally recovered from his scratched cornia - suddenly he is the Alpha boy again!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Cameo looks so pretty - and I love your kitty figurines!

Fame looks not much worse for the wear. She strikes me as a pup who is not likely to let much keep her down ... give her a pat from me.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I must say that Fame has one of the prettiest Corgi-faces ... SO glad she is doing better!

Regards,
- Becky

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home