Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Finished Object And A Started Object

While digging through my stash last Friday night I came upon the lace hat from Lace Style I had started last fall and then completely forgotten about while it fell deeper and deeper into my stash. It only needed ten rows to complete so I stayed up late that evening and finished it.



I've worn it ever since, even with jackets and sweaters that don't match. The hat does match the bulky down jacket I wore all of our frigid December and January with a cheapo hat from Target. How silly of me! The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I have enough yarn left over to make a second hat if I reverse the colors.

I know I last blogged about starting Cameo from Custom Knits, and I fully intend to start this soon, but Amelia from Knitty was calling my name too loudly.



So I started it instead. If I keep at it, I should finish with plenty of cool weather left for wearing this sweater. And better yet, I am using yarn from my stash. It's a teal green color of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I would have loved to have bought some new Dream In Color for this project, but it's good to use what you already have.

I'm at least an inch further along than this picture shows. So far it's been a quick knit. I had to give up on this for today though. This is how my index finger looks:



Ouch! I push the yarn along with my index finger and some yarns irritate it more than others. This yarn, along with the twisted rib stitch pattern, is making my finger almost the worst it has been. The Hemlock Ring project still takes first place though for hurting my finger. I spent my knitting time today working on my Lily Of The Valley shawl from Lace Style. The lace weight Alpaca I'm using for it doesn't irritate my finger at all.



And I still need to make up the pony tail portion of my sister's Pony Tail Hat.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Does a band-aid help at all?

I love the teal blue Debbie Bliss.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

That lace hat is beautiful! At least you found it before winter was over altogether this year.

Oh those sweet faces in the picture at the end! Which pups are they?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home