Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Looking For My Sister

I know there's been terrible ice storms in Kentucky and elsewhere. My sister who lives a few miles from Kentucky Lake sent me a text message last evening telling me she thought her cell phone was out of service. I tried calling her back but no luck.

I've called numerous times today and this evening. I've texted, I've emailed. I'm sure she's okay, just not able to contact anyone. I hope you are warm and safe somewhere Ann. You're very resourceful and have lots of friends. I hope you are holed up with them somewhere. I hope you did not try to go and see your patients today because I'm sure the roads are terrible.

So as soon as you can, call, text, email, float a balloon, just let us know you are okay!

All my love, Mary

4 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Yikes! I hope you hear from her soon.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Hope you find her soon!

11:07 AM  
Blogger crgilvr said...

I am in Louisville and we still have around 180,000 people without power. I am camping out at my mother's where they have power. My boss is at his sister's with his parents, another sister, his wife, at least three kids and a bunch of dogs. I'm sure your sister is fine, everyone is pulling together. There are just counties without cell service, power, etc. because of the ice on the towers.

8:35 PM  
Blogger mary said...

crgilvr,

Thanks for your update. I've been searching the web today for any news on the Paducah/Western KY/Marshall County area. Seems they've been hit very hard. My sister is a Nurse Practioner and her Dr's office did not open today even though their answering service said they would. At least I could call there. I can't reach my sister by cell or land line. Hopefully I'll hear from her soon. I see from the web even the local TV and newspaper sites are down.

I just hope there's not a tree through her house, that she turned off the water and drained the pipes. Hope she's warm...

Thanks!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home