Monday, January 26, 2009

More Goals

Thanks for the comments on Percy's tail. It has healed nicely, too bad though he can no longer wrap it about his feet. Still, it's a very serviceable tail and Percy's a very handsome cat isn't he? At least in the winter he is - when he stays home, grows a plush coat and puts a little fat on him. In the summer, Percy goes almost wild, gets too skinny and comes home once a day at best.

Knitting

I completed the Valour Vest.



I stopped in at Knitter's Palette today so had a chance to check out the store sample again. Mine is as nice, but I am a teeny bit unhappy with it. I knit this vest on the suggested 10.5 US needles and I wish I had gone down to a size 10 US. I think I would like the tighter gauge better. But it's a small disappointment. Overall, I like this project very much. The vest is already boxed up and ready for the Post Office tomorrow. Can you believe it? A knitted gift ready before the due date. I'm not disappointed about that.



This weekend I played around with several different projects. I made a swatch for Cameo from Custom Knits and another swatch for Amelia. I also played around with a couple of sock patterns. I couldn't decide what to start next. Then I found the kit for the Pony Tail Hat my sister Rita had picked out.



This is what I'll do next. Should be easy and fast. I couldn't decide if I should make the hat green or blue, so I decided I'll make a striped hat. Why not? A Pony Tail Hat is already a pretty wild and crazy thing, might as well add to the wildness and craziness of it.

Dogs

I listed my knitting goals last post. I should list my dog goals this post.

I'm pretty ambitious here. Honestly, I know I'll fall down on some of these. Still, if you don't aim high, you'll always shoot low. So here goes:

Dot - OA, OAJ, AX, AXJ
Dusty - MX, MXJ, CD
Dak - NA NAJ plus a few UDX legs
JJ - OA OAJ CD
Shamrock - CD CDX
Bunny - CD
Fame - health

You can find a short description of these titles here.

Tonight I'll leave you with a picture of Bunny. Poor Bunny, she is so quiet and reserve, I have to be careful not to overlook her.



A final note, RIF means Reduction In Force - or laid off! So I'm still employed and starting this week, quite happily employed with a new manager. Life is good. Well, except for this interminable winter. I am so over it already.

A final question, does anyone else have trouble uploading pictures using blogger? I sure do. I have to try over and over again for each picture. It's probably the biggest reason I don't blog very often. How can I fix this?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Wow you are busy but I think the vest is really beautiful! I can't imagine that it won't be a big hit when opened.

Bunny is such a cutie - what a sweet face! She does look rather serious, though.

I have intermittent photo-loading problems with Blogger. I have no idea how to fix/change it, but wanted you to know you are not the only one.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Just like int he classroom; the quiet, well-behaved one often gets overlooked. I have to agree with Bridget, very sweet face on that Bunny.

The only time I have problems with Blogger is when my Internet connection is not working well.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home