Friday, May 22, 2009

No! Oh no!

Remember those pretty, white socks I was making as a Mother's Day gift? Well, here they are this evening.



I can't believe it! I've been knitting even longer than I've been raising Pembrokes, and I started with Pems in 1980. I've never had this happen before. Not even any of my cats have been so bad. A little, red dog whose registered name is Kantishna Remember My Name, and whose call name starts with "F" and ends with "e" and has the letters "a" and "m" in the middle, did this damage. I still can't believe it! What a naughty dog.


I realized after I made my last blog post that the socks I was knitting were not the Drooping Elm socks, but rather, the Swirling Lace Anklets. I actually paid money for this pattern - four bucks! The pattern is totally annihilated. I wonder if Elann would send me another? I mean, honest, my dog ate it! She ate my only set of size 1 dpns too. Argh!

The yarn, Peruvian Baby Cashmere, which I love by the way, is completely useless. It's so full of dog saliva it cannot be saved. I still have 2 more balls in off white but I don't have the heart to start over. I think I'll buy my mother an expensive bottle of bourbon instead. She'll like that and I could use a drink myself.

Now I am hoping Fame will pass the size one dpns she ate. I picked up pieces of chewed bamboo but not nearly enough to put together 4 dpns. Fingers and toes crossed, prayers said, candles lit, incense burning before Buddha, whatever it takes to prevent major surgery for Fame over the weekend.

Gee, I still can't believe this!



A little dog who ate her supper in jail tonight

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Yikes! I take it she's feeling better?

12:44 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Uh oh! She's in big trouble, in spite of her innocent-looking face in the picture ...

That is really heartbreaking. On the other hand, a drink does sound like a good idea.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Oh that naughty girl!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home