Friday, August 14, 2009

Time For Prayers


I know I've asked before, but it's time again for many prayers and positive thoughts for my Fame.

Fame started to agglutinate this evening. This means her hemolytic anemia is active again. It had been under control since her terrible crisis back in December of 2008. In December her HCT was 12. That's so near death I don't even want to think about it. This evening, her HCT as 21.3, or maybe it was 21.7, I forget, I was so upset. So we started Fame on loads of pred again along with cyclosporine. Tomorrow we will start antibiotics and some kind of human medicine (sorry, forgot the exact name) to help her stomach cope with all the prednisone she will be on. Tomorrow we will also decide if she needs a blood transfusion or not.

I've already been warned by many knowledgeable and insightful people that the second, or Lord help us, third or fourth time around, battling this disease is much more difficult with not a very positive outcome. I'm willing to fight for Fame as long as she is willing and able to fight. Please send us your best.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Everyone at our house will be saying a prayer and sending especially good thoughts your way. I'm glad that Fame has you to take care of her. Please give her a pat from me.

And tell her that we all think she is very brave.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Everyone at our house will be saying a prayer and sending especially good thoughts your way. I'm glad that Fame has you to take care of her. Please give her a pat from me.

And tell her that we all think she is very brave.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Whatever will work for little Fame, I am sending your way...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home