Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank You

A sincere thank you to everyone who sent me comments or email on my loss of Fame. I'm sorry I haven't replied to each of you individually. Honestly, it's still too hard. Having bred/owned/trained/exhibited Pembrokes for 30 years, you'd think I'd be beyond this, but I'm not. Fame was so young, so full of potential, so wanted to enjoy life. It hurts so bad that she never got the chance.

What is life?
It is the flash of a firefly in the night.
It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.
It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.


- Crowfoot

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you don't get over it. That's because you care. That's what makes you a good dog owner.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

It is so sad.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

You don't get over these things, you just get used to them. And to be honest, I'd be more upset if you were not.

Love the poem. It seems especially fitting for that sweet girl.

Take it easy, and try to take care of yourself. No one expects you to act as if nothing happened. And you know that Fame wants you to be well.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home