Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy 2010

A New Year



This is what dogs do when it is -22 F outside.

Actually, this is pretty much what I do too.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I did. The whole family was able to get together as my sister drove home from Kentucky and my parents flew home from Arizona.

Knitting

I didn't do much Christmas knitting this year. A few simple hats.




And a pair of complicated bed socks for my mom.




The socks turned out very nice and they are super soft and cozy. The first sock took forever to complete, thus the lack of other holiday knitting. However, I completed the second sock in a only a few days. As they say, practice makes perfect, or at least in this case, practice made for speedier.

Dogs

In 2009 I had many good moments to remember and a few sad ones I'll never forget.

Congratulations to Dot who gained her VC and is now
Ch. Kantishna Star Kissed CDX RE AX AXJ NAP OJP VC

And Dot's best friend Dak managed his VC too and is now
Ch. Busy B's Dakota's Bright Sunrise UD RE OA NAJ VC

JJ came oh so close to his VC, in the end, just couldn't keep the bars from crashing in order to pick up his last excellent legs.
Ch. Kantishna Jump For Joy PT OA OAJ

Dusty managed his MX and MXJ to become
Ch. Busy B's Dakota's Moon Dust PT MX MXJ VC

My little Whisper accumulated a bunch of agility titles, starting out in Novice in mid-March and finishing up her Excellent titles in early July.
Kantishna Keep'n A Secret AX AXJ

I really fell down in the obedience department this year, managing only a few OM points with Dak and an RN on Bunny,
Kantishna Keep'n In Motion RN

I hope to do better in obedience this year.

I lost my precious Fame to hemolytic anemia just days before her 2nd birthday. It broke my heart.
Kantishna Remember My Name 2007-2009

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

At first I thought that the pups were getting over their New Year's Eve celebration!

I'd like to say that's what I do when it's cold. But it's also what I do when it's hot, rainy, etc. ...

Give all of the pups a pat from me for doing so well this year! I'll bet Fame is one happy girl seeing them all do so well - and probably missing all of you as well ...

P.S. Does this mean that Percy didn't win any titles this year??? ;-)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

I wished I had one of those little beds out in the sunshine this weekend....

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home